Throughout the week the team did various things, such as taking food to families, single moms, and widows. They also built new walls for a family from our church here in Alajuelita. They prayed with countless people, for their health, safety, peace.
All in all, it was an awesome week. We even saw a volcano. =)
But the moment that sticks out in my mind to sum up the week was a moment we spent with our Pastor's family on the team's last day here. We were invited up to have "cafecito", which means coffee and a snack, typically bread.
It was an awesome time of fellowship and encouragement.
Pastor Miguel took a few minutes at the end, to tell us a little about his parents. They are truly amazing people, and I feel blessed just to know them. Not only are they hardworking, hospitable people, they truly love the Lord and it is apparent in all they do. It's so great to walk up to church on Sunday morning and see their smiling faces.
Don Miguel and Flora have been married for forty years, and they have been believers for 36 of those years. Their children are an amazing testimony to the kind of people they are. Two of their children serve as Pastors, another as a Children's Minister. And they have another son who also loves the Lord.
But the thing he said that really stuck with me was this: "My parents have learned how to be content with whatever they have, in whatever situation."
I pray that I will strive to follow their lead and be content. Not content to the point where I do not try to improve, but content with what God has given us. Content with how He provides, with how He leads.
I am so thankful for having the opportunity to see such an important Biblical lesson lived out in the lives of Miguel and Flora.
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Philippians 4:12
What a great lesson! I'm so glad you were able to spend the week with your home church serving the people of Costa Rica. You guys are such a blessing to others. Thanks for all that you do. We can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving:)
ReplyDeleteKaren, we can't wait to see y'all either! It is going to make our Thanksgiving SO special. Only a few weeks... =)
ReplyDelete