Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Two Reasons for today

Yesterday was a tough day. Ever have those kind of days when the world around you is overwhelming? I'm so thankful we can fully lean on our Savior, and He never runs out of grace for my little faith. Please play the song below as you continue reading.



In the midst of immense sadness, pain, poverty, hopelessness, there is JOY. Here are two reasons I am praising God today.

Mariana - A walking miracle
.
Mariana was hit by a bus 9 months ago. When this accident happened, her family was told that she probably wouldn't make it out of the coma, and that if she did, the rest of her life she would live as a vegetable. Last Sunday, she not only came to church, but she came WITHOUT her wheelchair for the first time, using a walker. It was an amazing time of praising our GREAT GOD for the miracle of her life! I know that many hearts in our church were reminded that God does perform miracles and that HE alone is mighty to save! Today I'm praising God that her testimony is drawing people to Him. 
Or you can watch it on my Facebook page. 


Cade - A gift from God

I "met" Cade (we never met in person) through my close friend April. One day, over a year ago, she was telling me about his difficult journey, and we committed to pray for him and his entire family from then on. Cade fought a long battle with cancer, and yesterday he got to meet Jesus, face to face. Yesterday I kept thinking of his mom, Kristin, and the thousands of people that his life touched. I cannot begin to imagine the pain and loss that his family is feeling, but I can rejoice with them that he is in Heaven, completely pain free! As I was mourning this sweet boy's passing, Jeremy reminded me that God has a purpose in everything that happens. Even though I know this, it was good to remember that God will use even something as difficult as this to draw people to Him. Please, please take a minute and pray for Cade's family. Praising God today for the life of Cade!!

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you!" Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

Post a Comment