Just when we thought the truck was sold... it wasn't. Frustrating? Yes. Expected? Somewhat.
Hold on a sec. I'm not trying to sound cynical. Just being honest about the state of things in our home since moving to Costa Rica. There are days when I am definitely cynical, and then there are other days, when I see this for what it truly is - adversity. Spiritual warfare.
It's not just about a car.
It's just one of the ways that Satan has been using to attack our family. It started before our stuff was even packed to move here. I think it probably started at the precise moment when Jeremy and I said "yes" to God's call on our lives. We have had so many crazy things happen that it is getting ridiculous. Not that we have any legitimate needs, compared to those we are here to serve. Because we don't.
But, I can honestly say that I never thought we would be here for three months without a mode of transportation. I really, truly never thought it would be this way. I wonder if every missionary thinks that, or just me? Anyway, I'm in the process of trying to accept that God's timing is not mine - and working on being content in the meantime. It's not as if our children are starving. They have more than enough of what they need. We have friends who offer to take us all over the place. There are public transportation buses about a 10 minute walk away. There are taxis. And of course, there is walking. All of these are valid options for transportation, just not in the way I want.
I want easy.
I always want easy.
It's funny, I can't think of one time when I've ever thought, "Hmm, I hope we can do this the hard way." Or, "Well, we could do it that way, but let's think if there's a stressful, more challenging way..." You get the point.
In the midst of me being frustrated, angry, disappointed, stressed, my husband reminds me of these verses:
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ? "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?' or `What shall we drink?' or `What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)
So I will stop worrying. I will take God at His Word. We will trust God and wait. On Him. His provision, His timing, His way... Thankful that He doesn't work in the way we expect. Our Father has much better in store for us - and we only need to trust. [h]
Amen. God is faithful and good. It's nice to be reminded of this! Praying for you all! :)
ReplyDelete